Cherry Crumble Cake

I had a tin of cherries. I never use an entire tin of cherries for a single recipe. So this time I decided to try a completely new recipe as the title says: Cherry Crumble Cake. For the enthusiasts here's the recipe: http://www.rachelallen.co.uk/recipes_july09.html
Pictures obviously. The thing about ths cake is it has cinnamon. I put very little as there had to be some essence and I was not sure if Vanilla would work. Fresh cherries are best here but canned are just as good. This isnt my advice. It's directly from the chef's website :). I just feel that the base layer of cake should be thinner otherwise all three layers make a very large piece. Another thing I noticed was it is very difficult to judge if the bottom layer is done. So keep it in the oven to cool. So the cake is completely done.

Comments

Popular Posts